Many tech companies struggle to get marketing results because they don’t have a CMO. At The Business Growers, we offer high-level marketing strategy and implementation support so you can grow revenue without hiring a full-time marketing team.
We are a national marketing firm offering various services for tech companies, including branding, website development, design, marketing strategy, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and digital advertising. The Company builds upon a framework that evaluates businesses at three levels, from the foundational components of the business to its long-term scalability. The Know, Grow, and Scale™ framework inspires technology companies to use effective marketing to grow the right way and save time, money, and energy.
The Content Manager is a key leader at The Business Growers and is responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining content to achieve our business and clients’ goals. You will also develop and oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience for The Business Growers. This position reports to The Vice President of Operations.
The job of the Content Manager is to create digital content for clients that showcase the products and services they offer. This position requires skills in research, client interaction, and writing. This position would work directly with the Client Success Team to deliver content according to the needs of The Business Growers’ clients.
This position is exempt from the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the FLSA. This is a full-time position. Full-time employees work at least 40 hours per week. They are eligible to participate in all Company benefits subject to each benefit plan’s terms, conditions, and limitations.
The Company has agreed upon these minimum qualifications in this job class based on a job analysis and the essential functions. However, if a candidate believes they are qualified for the job, although they do not have the minimum qualifications set forth below, they may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Any request to substitute related education or experience for minimum qualifications must be addressed to The Business Growers in writing, identifying the related education and experience which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In this role, you will learn about the client’s business and how we support their team as a marketing partner! This is why we need more sharp people to join us!
We are a close-knit team who care about each other and helps each other at any time. It is important that our Content Manager is comfortable joining a team, executing independently but always willing to collaborate and learn from each other.
- Research and develop high-quality content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, blog posts, print, social media (all platforms), product descriptions, and video scripts
- Stay ahead of client content needs and proactively send projects to clients within deadlines.
- Utilize industry best practices to inspire fresh content ideas for clients.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other client success team members to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Conduct keyword research and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
- Optimize content according to search engine optimization (SEO).
- Ensure compliance with current laws and guidelines (e.g., copyright and data protection)
- Ensure client brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Identify customer needs and recommend new content to address the Company’s current content gaps.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, PR, or a related field
- Strong in-person presence and ability to communicate well
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to be thorough and self-sufficient
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner
- Must be assertive, energetic, and creative
- Must be comfortable in customer-facing environments
- Minimum of five years of writing experience, technical writing skill set strongly preferred
- Excellent creative writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Strong computer skills using Google Workspace and Adobe Suites
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant expertise in determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some travel may be required. Mississippi is the preferred location for this candidate; however, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
The Business Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Business Growers is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Business Growers are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Business Growers will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics. The Business Growers encourages applicants of all ages.
"*" indicates required fields